Saturday 24 July 2021

New laptop: Lenovo

PXL_20210724_180409742 I have a new Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 1i 81VT0001UK Laptop, Intel Celeron Processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC Storage, 11.6", Platinum Grey, for £179.99. Why? Because: some time ago - maybe a couple of years; before the start of lock-down, my old Toshiba started to misbehave, in that it would crash for no obvious reason after a couple of hours use. Grrr. Also, before that, it had developed an inability to run Chrome, even if re-installed, and I was forced onto Chrome Canary. And, just as this was about to get annoying enough that I took it to WoC, lockdown came along, I brought my work laptop home, and started using that, and my personal laptop was quietly forgotten for a year and more.

But now I've left Qualcomm and handed back my laptop, so I need a new one... probably. Unless I use the Roku one I might get? So I went to John Lewis to see if they had anything to inspire me, and I saw this and thought it quite cheap, and it is light, so just for once instead of endless wibblings I simply bought it.

I don't think it is ideal; certainly, it is a bit slow. But, meh, it will do for now. I'll need to get a new sticker. I wonder when I bought the Toshiba? I see that on Sat, 27 Jul 2013 I refer to it as "my shiny new laptop" so it is now 8+ years old, ripe for retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment