Monday 17 July 2023

Pre-bumps assessment 2023

Following on from Pre-bumps assessment 2022.

This has been a different year... we've been rowing as a M1.5 over the winter, and struggling to get a full crew, so on 2-ish or less outings a week as the eight. This has kinda suited me, I have other things to do with my life, and I ended up erging and coxing more than I otherwise would. I'm back under 40 mins for 10k (best 39:19) and under 7:30 for 2k (best 7:26). A little while back we unzipped, and the, errm, elect (me, Harry, Ralph, Jon, with Conor joining at that point) moved up to M1 to join the fit young ex Kingz boyz (Shuowang, Ali, Adam; Will coxing).

Since then we've had a total of six preparatory outings, with the usual not-quite-full-crew issues, and the weed-in-the-water, and the ridiculously-windy. Despite that, we're going well, and faster; faster than last year I believe. Ahead of us we have Hills Road as Tabs 3 (again!) and behind Nines 3. Both are unknown quantities, though Conor reported us as marginally faster than Mallory, who were to be Tabs 3 but are now 4, behind Nines. We're in Christ's M1's nice Filippi.

So I really don't know what will happen but I can be hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment