Sunday 2 July 2023

New coat

PXL_20230702_115402184~2PXL_20230702_115525603~2 I bought a new coat; the old one was falling apart (taping the seams didn't really answer), though with a little sewing it will probably do for Cambridge a bit longer. The old one was a Rab Spark; the new one is a Rab Latok Paclite. The old weighted 312 g, even with some of it abraded off; the new weights 257 g. The old was ~£150, and a lovely texture, and I liked the green, but the waterproofing was only Pertex. The new is ~£250 and Goretex; it still has a nice texture. I'm not sure about the under-arm zips, I think I'd rather not have them, or the only single front pocket, but we'll see about that.

In cut and design they look very similar; they are the lightweight-but-waterproof-alpine-summer type thingy.

This post records me buying this new jacket for reference. I think I may have bought the green one in 2016 for Norway; I had it then.

Yes, I know the postures look awkward.


Update: the new coat is lovely, as judged by my trip to the Ecrins.

New shorts


PXL_20230719_165950226~2 The excitement doesn't end there, oh no, I bought some new shorts too: RAB Torque Mountain 32" regu(lar) £75; right. I would have re-bought the old North Face, but couldn't get them. I prefer the tan, and the pockets are slightly nicer too. But they are wearing a bit thing, in places some of the stitching is worn out.

The new ones are elasticated, and 32" not 34", and perhaps slightly heavier.

New waterproof trousers


RAB Downpour Eco Pertex, in black. Bought in the autumn. Lightweight, packable, and mostly waterproof. I'm using them for cycling / general use in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment